About Travel Africa
Knowledge, experience, passion and quality service are at the heart of what we offer you at Travel Africa. As a small, family-owned business, we focus on attention to detail and draw on our vast in-depth knowledge and experience to tailor-make the perfect holiday for you.
When looking at a safari with Travel Africa you are talking to the experts. We have extensive experience of all styles of trips and have visited all the countries we specialise in on multiple occasions. These trips include:
- Multi-week guided tours from East Africa through to Victoria Falls and into Botswana and Namibia;
- Short self-drive trips along the Garden Route and around Cape Town in small sedan vehicles;
- 3 to 4 week trips between Johannesburg and Cape Town in larger SUV vehicles staying in guesthouse and hotel accommodation, including extensive self-drive safaris in Kruger;
- Adventure camping trips with fully equipped 4x4s and roof top tents to the fabulous game reserves of Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- Exploration of southern Africa’s remote, ’off the beaten track,’ destinations such Botswana’s Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and Central Kalahari Game Reserve plus Namibia’s Kaokaland region up to the Kunene River on the border with Angola - including the famous Van Zyl’s Pass!
- Luxury safari lodge stays in fabulous game reserves such as Kruger, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, Chobe, Moremi and the Okavango Delta; and
- Mobile camping safaris including to Botswana’s Okavango Delta and Mana Pools in Zimbabwe.
With Travel Africa you are safe in the knowledge that you are working with people who have done the type of trip you are after, from rooftop tent camping, through self-drive safaris and mobile camping safaris to luxury lodge stays, visited the countries and destinations you wish to visit and stayed in the style of accommodation that suits your budget and standards.
We give you peace of mind by working closely with you to custom-make and book your itinerary – including ensuring you have the most appropriate type of transport, accommodation and activities for your trip. We also provide detailed trip dossiers, which include your full itinerary details and tips and hints on travel in southern Africa, ensuring you have all the information you need to enjoy every minute of your trip and feel comfortable and secure with your holiday plan!
Ten reasons for booking your holiday with Travel Africa:
- Knowledge: our in-depth knowledge and passion for Africa has been built up over 25 years of living, working and travelling in the region.
- Experience: we’ve been to these destiantions, stayed in these accommodations, travelled between these locations, visited the the game reserves and highlights - so our knowledge is based on first-hand experience. The majority of photos used on this website are taken by us, or by clients who have travelled with us. Rather than using stock photo images we can tell you the stories behind the photos and give you that extra insight into travelling in southern Africa.
- Passion: we are self-confessed Africa junkies - we are passionate about travelling in southern Africa and want to share our love of the region with you.
- Quality service: we pride ourselves on our personalised service and focus on care, attention and detail. We are happy to meet face to face or work via email, the phone or Skype/Zoom. Booking through us not only means the perfect tailor-made itinerary but before you travel you will also receive a range of detailed information sheets giving you complete peace of mind.
- Customised: we arrange your trip based on your needs and passions – no generic itineraries or set dates of departure.
- Value for Money: our unique approach to travel in the region ensures we get the best value for money possible.
- Accredited: our business ATAS accredited by AFTA, the Australian Federation of Travel Agents. This third party industry endorsement is your assurance of professional conduct and credible and ethical practice.
- Families: having made numerous trips with our family and with our friends’ families we are experts in arranging safe and fun-filled family adventures.
- Fair Trade tourism: we make that special effort to connect with Fair Trade accredited tourism operations and support community-owned operations and those which are genuinely based in sustainability principles.
- Connections: we have established excellent connections with key operators and businesses throughout Africa – if we can’t answer your question we know where to go to find the answer.
Travel Africa can help you if you:
- want a tailor-made holiday to southern Africa
- want to visit Africa for the first time
- want to return to Africa, perhaps more independently
- want a safe and exciting family holiday
- want a custom-made guided tour or a well-designed package holiday
- want to see what the grey nomads travelling around southern Africa love so much
- want excellent value for money
- want a holiday that benefits local communities and businesses which operate in ethical and socially and environmentally responsible ways
Travel Africa is a family-owned business run by Chris, Sandie with much input from their three kids, Kai, Rhian and Cadan
Making new friends in the mountain Kingdom of Lesotho
Kalahari lioness, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
San rock art, Matopos, Zimbabwe
Baby elephant rescue, Addo Elephant National Park, South Africa
Chris & Sandie enjoying a kayak adventure at Storms River, South Africa