About Travel Africa
Knowledge, experience, passion and quality service are at the heart of what we offer you at Travel Africa. As a small, family-owned business, we focus on attention to detail and draw on our vast in-depth knowledge and experience to tailor-make the perfect holiday for you.
Ten reasons for booking your holiday with Travel Africa:
- Knowledge: our in-depth knowledge and passion for Africa has been built up over 25 years of living, working and travelling in the region.
- Experience: we’ve been to these places, stayed in these accommodations, driven between these locations – so our knowledge is based on hands-on experience. The majority of photos used on this website are taken by us, or by friends who’ve travelled with us. Rather than using stock photo images we can tell you the stories behind the photos and give you that extra insight into travelling in southern Africa.
- Passion: we are self-confessed Africa junkies – we are passionate about travelling in southern Africa and want to share our love of the region with you.
- Quality service: we pride ourselves on our personalised service and focus on care, attention and detail. We are happy to meet face to face or work via email, the phone or skype. Booking through us not only means the perfect tailor-made itinerary but before you travel you will also receive a range of detailed information sheets giving you complete peace of mind. And don’t just take our word for it – see our clients’ reviews on Facebook, Google and our Testimonials page.
- Customised: we arrange your trip based on your needs and passions – no generic itineraries or set dates of departure.
- Value for Money: our unique approach to travel in the region ensure we get the best value for money possible.
- Accredited: our business ATAS accredited by AFTA, the Australian Federation of Travel Agents. This third party industry endorsement is your assurance of professional conduct and credible and ethical practice.
- Families: having made numerous trips with our family and with our friends’ families we are experts in arranging safe and fun-filled family adventures.
- Fair Trade tourism: we make that special effort to connect with Fair Trade accredited tourism operations and support community-owned operations and those which are genuinely based in sustainability principles.
- Connections: we have established excellent connections with key operators and businesses throughout Africa – if we can’t answer your question we know where to go to find the answer.
Travel Africa can help you if you:
- want a tailor-made holiday to southern Africa
- want to visit Africa for the first time
- want to return to Africa, perhaps more independently
- want a safe and exciting family holiday
- want to see what the grey nomads travelling around southern Africa love so much
- want competitive rates
- want a holiday that benefits local communities and businesses which operate in ethical and socially and environmentally responsible ways
Travel Africa is a family-owned business run by Chris, Sandie with much input from their three kids, Kai, Rhian and Cadan
Self-driving in the Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho
Kalahari lioness, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
San rock art, Matopos, Zimbabwe