Family Travel in Southern Africa
Southern Africa is a great place to travel with kids. Our 3 children have travelled with us in Southern Africa every couple of years since they were babies. They have all fallen in love with Southern Africa, and with travel, and we all so treasure our wonderful family memories.
These are the reasons we think Southern Africa is the perfect destination for travelling with kids of any age:
- Safe and comfortable travel
- If you are driving yourself or are on a tour you have all the comforts of home and never feel too far away from things your kids may need.
- Especially if travelling in South Africa, minimum medication or vaccinations are required.
- Experiences that will stay with your kids forever
- Seeing new places, meeting new people, experiencing new things – these experiences are the most valuable learnings your children can ever get and Africa offers this all in spades.
- Our kids keep journals of each trip and love coming home, getting out their journals, and reliving their amazing experiences.
- Quality time as a family
- Being together in Africa creates a special type of bond. Our kids get on better, we all relax and fully enjoy each others’ company when travelling in Africa.
- Self drive travel with children
- We particularly enjoy self drive travel with our family. We love the freedom and independence that comes with choosing our own travel pace and rhythm. We love the challenges of finding animals when in game reserves and we love being in control of deciding when to stop and really take in those special moments.
We have specifically designed this South Africa itinerary with families in mind:
Family Self-Drive Safari: Sun, Fun & Wildlife – 15 days (Accommodated)
But remember we can tailor-make a family holiday from any of our sample itineraries,
Family travel in Southern Africa – always creates the most precious of memories
Sandie and Rhian at Olifants Lookout, Kruger National Park
Cadan making new friends, Kalahari South Africa
An exciting monitor lizard visitor to keep the boys entertained!