Planning your safari
- Cost is usually one of the key considerations for safari choice.
- African safaris can range from well over $1000 per person per day at top end, luxury destinations down to $120 per person per day in self-drive safaris staying at national parks self-catering bungalows.
- Of course, there are a range of options in between including self-drive roof top tent safaris, participatory mobile camping safaris, glamping safaris, and walking safaris.
- Options range from luxury safaris in private game reserves with all your needs catered, to self-drive safaris in off-the-beaten track locations where you sleep in roof top tents without any fences.
- whether you want your camp and lodge fenced or not,
- whether you are happy to go in a small charter plane with limited luggage,
- whether you are happy to share ablutions,
- whether you will be comfortable in an open safari vehicle, and
- whether you prefer to share a safari vehicle with other tourists or not.
How do you like to travel? Do you prefer to have a guide or travel more independently?
- Escorted and guided safaris are perfect for the traveller who wants constant care and attention.
- A tailor made package including all transfers is a great option if you want both peace of mind and set your own agenda.
- If you prefer independence (or have children) then self-drive safaris may be for you.
- Combine styles to get the best of all worlds. This adds variety to your safari and let’s you spend even more time with Africa’s amazing wildlife.
Activities and special touches
- Holidays are special times. When doing an African safari you want to make sure you get absolutely everything you can out of the trip.
- Make sure you consider the huge range of activities and special touches on offer and work them into your safari.
- These include ethical, fairtrade safaris; horse riding safaris; walking safaris; sleep outs under the stars; hot-air balloon flights over the savanna.
Everyone can enjoy their dream journey through Africa as our extensive experience and contacts means we can custom build the perfect itinerary for you. We specialise in tailor-making the safaris to our clients needs – from budget family safaris in the fenced safety of Kruger National Park to walking safaris with your own guides in the magical Okavango Delta to affordable guided mobile tented safaris in Botswana’s wildlife meccas.