Travel Africa is a small, boutique African specialist company that will design and book your perfect safari in southern Africa.
Owned by two self-confessed Africa junkies, we are passionate about travel in southern Africa and have well over 20 years’ experience travelling extensively throughout the region, including with our three young children.
We specialise in tailor-made, self-drive holidays, which are superb value for money, offer greater independence and flexibility and allow you to get more ‘off the beaten track.’ If self-drive is not for you, we customise guided safaris, group escorted tours, luxury add-ons and combination adventures – to suit any age and budget. We offer particular expertise in family travel.
Our expert knowledge of the best destinations and the best places to stay will ensure an unforgettable holiday, plus our direct connections enable us to cut out layers of commission and secure you great prices and the best value for money.
Let us help you Travel Africa your way. Let’s talk and we will use our in-depth knowledge and passion to customise the perfect safari you’ve always dreamed of!
- Southern Africa is a perfect destination for self-drive travellers – especially those on a budget or those who prefer more independence and flexibility.
- We give you peace of mind by working closely with you to custom-make and book your itinerary – including the most appropriate type of vehicle and accommodation.
- We also give you detailed information sheets ensuring you feel comfortable and secure with your holiday plan.
From the blog
- The advice we got from Travel Africa was brilliant and we had an amazing trip. They helped us choose an itinerary that suited us perfectly. It was just the right mix of seeing animals, meeting locals and enjoying the wonderful landscapes. My husband even got a surf in at world famous Jeffrey’s Bay…
Sarah, Matt and Heather
- We wholeheartedly recommend Travel Africa to anyone interested in independent travel. As a family of four with kids aged 5 and 7, we had a great time thanks to the help of Travel Africa, who gave us so much local knowledge and practical advice. Their guidance with planning this trip was excellent.
Venessa, Garry, Alize and Nicholas
- Travel Africa certainly provide individual service. Chris listened to what we wanted to do and made suggestions to make a perfect itinerary. Everywhere we stayed was great but Kruger was a definite highlight. We enjoyed a great trip and thanks to Chris and the team for showing us the diversity of South Africa.
Sue and Dave
- What a fabulous trip! It lived up to and exceeded our expectations. We like to be independent and not part of a tour group, so fitted the bill to a tee. Don’t be put off by the naysayers, yes you have to exercise caution and be a bit street smart. At 71 years of age the driving for me was not daunting, giving you the freedom to see and do what you wanted. Full marks for the selection of accommodation, from ‘’Out of Africa lodges” to boutique.
Geoff and Deirdre
- We had the trip of a lifetime thanks to Travel Africa! After talking to a number of travel companies, Chris was the first travel consultant to make me feel at ease. He went on to build us the most perfect honeymoon holiday in Namibia! He truly brought our honeymoon dreams to light. From trekking with the white Rhinos to climbing the biggest sand dune, our trip was truly unforgettable. It wouldn’t have been possible without Travel Africa! Can’t wait to use their services next time we visit Africa.
Brittney and Linton
- An amazing trip to Kruger!! I will be back for sure and will book with Travel Africa again. Everything was seemless and I cannot explain all the incredible things that happened – from full moon partial eclipse to having brunch at Lower Sabie as the buffalo herd drank on the river bank to seeing lions just after their kill. Thank you Travel Africa!