Special touches to enhance your self-drive, tour or safari adventure
If you’re looking for the perfect tailor-made itinerary, consider these additional amazing experiences, undiscovered gems and ethical, responsible travel ideas.
Here are some amazing experiences you can treat yourselves with:
- Immerse yourself in the colonial charm of the Victoria Falls Hotel, Zimbabwe – don’t forget to get up early for the amazing sight of the sun rising through the mists of the Falls.
- Do a walking safari in Kruger National Park.
- Take a helicopter or micro light flight over the magnificent Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe/Zambia.
- Relax during a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River, Zimbabwe/Zambia.
- Go horse riding in the Okavango Delta, Botswana.
- Try a balloon ride over Sousessvlei’s Red Dunes, Namibia.
- Fly in to a luxury lodge in the Okavango Delta, Botswana.
- Spoil yourself by taking a luxury train journey.
Undiscovered Gems – Ethical, Responsible Travel Ideas
Throughout the region local communities and families are working hard to make tourism work for them. Here are some gems, examples of fair trade tourism at its best:
- Community owned and operated camp sites throughout Namibia
- Polers’ Trust, community-owned enterprise – Botswana
- 10 Riverside, family owned and community benefitting accommodation and tours – Lesotho
- !Khuin !Kwae, #Khomani San Bushman owned tourism enterprise – South Africa
- Nata Bird Sanctuary, community conservation area – Botswana
- Tribal Designs textile factory, community centred enterprise development – Zambia
- Ncumcara Craft Shop, community owned sustainable forestry enterprise – Namibia
Hot air ballooning in Pilansberg National Park, South Africa
Chris, Sandie and high tea at the Victoria Falls Hotel
The kids enjoying a donkey cart ride at the #Khomani San community of Andriesvale, South Africa